Adobe has announced that latest Flash Player 11 and AIR 3 will arrive early October and bring loads of new features for cross-platform browser based viewing of rich Internet applications, content and videos across devices. Some of the features such as Stage 3D and 64-bit support have been moved into this release.
Key features of Adobe Flash Player 11 and Air 3 includes
- Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering to Deliver cutting edge 2D and 3D experiences on the desktop.
- Native support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony to integrate real-time voice and telephony capabilities into business apps and integrate with existing phone systems using the G.711 codec.
- H.264/AVC SW Encoding to create apps that encode higher quality video using the H.264 video standard.
- Socket Progress Events to improve management of data transfer, track progress and provide responsive feedback in apps send large amounts of data.
- JPEG-XR support to deliver higher quality images with less bandwidth, and leverage lossy and lossless compression with alpha channel transparency.
- Captive Runtime Support (AIR for desktop and Android) feature for iOS is now available for the desktop and Android device. Developers now have more control over the use experience, simplifies the app installation process on Windows, Mac and Android. Deploy AIR application in tamper proof /hardened operating environments (e.g. medical diagnostic equipment, government, military).
- iOS Background Audio Playback Support to write multitasking iOS applications that can play audio while in the background including music or voice chat from a conferencing application.
- Android Licensing Service Support for developers to access the Android Market Licensing Service which lets publishers enforce licensing policies for paid applications that they publish through Android Market.
- Android Front-facing Camera Support available with AIR for iOS and BlackBerry Tablet OS is now also available on Android devices. Take advantage of the front-facing camera to connect users with rich video conferencing and chat experiences.
- Encrypted Local Storage for Mobile devices. Allows applications to more securely store sensitive data on a user’s device for storage of sensitive data such as passwords, certificates, and auditing information