LG launched its latest flagship smartphone Optimus G today in Seoul. Optimus G features Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC, packs 2GB of DDR RAM and a 4.7-inch 1280×768 (320ppi) True HD IPS PLUS display with in-cell touch technology.
The LG Optimus G packs Qualcomm’s Fusion 3 chipset pairs with a 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC with a 2G / 3G / LTE radio. It features 4.7-inch 1280×768 True HD IPS PLUS display with Zerogap Touch (in-cell touch) technology and 2GB of DDR RAM. Powered by 2100mAh Li-polymer battery. Optimus G runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
The Optimus G sports 13-megapixel rear camera with backside-illuminated sensor, an f/2.4 autofocus lens and a single LED flash and a 1.3-megapixel camera in front for video calling. It has 32GB of built-in flash storage but no microSD card slot. Other specs include WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, NFC and MHL.
The Optimus G measures 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm and weighs 145 grams. LG Optimus G comes with enhanced UX features such as QuickMemo, screen zooming, live zooming, dual screen dual play, etc.;
The Optimus G available to Korea starting next week and in October to rest of the world. Unsubsidized pricing will be 999,900 KRW ($895 USD) when the Optimus G ships in Korea next week.
- 1.5GHz Krait CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor (Quad-Core and LTE)
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPLUS (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- packs 2GB DDR RAM
- 32GB of internal storage
- 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2G / 3G / LTE
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC
- 2100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm and weighs 145g