Opera released its next version Opera 12.13 today, Opera recommends this update due to security and stability enhancements.
Opera 12.13 is release almost a month after the release of 12.12 version in December 2012. A new stand-alone update checker is introduced with this release to auto update the opera on windows.
The changelog is
General and User Interface
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com)
Linux and Windows
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request