Google improving their social networking service(Google+) since its launch. This time they came-up with ignore and block features to organize the relationships.
We want to make sure you can represent your real-life relationships on Google+ — whether you want to connect with someone or not 🙂 So starting today, we’re rolling out a new option to Ignore people, in addition to the existing (and stronger) option to Block them. -Olga Wichrowska SWE, Google
Ignoring someone is simply saying that you are not interested, maybe you don’t know them, or maybe you don’t want to see what they are sharing.
When you ignore someone:
– you won’t see any of their posts in the Incoming stream
– you won’t get notifications about their activities
– you won’t see them on your Circles page
Blocking someone is much stronger than Ignoring them – it’s simply saying you don’t want anything to do with them.
Once you opt for blocking someone:
– they are removed from your circles and your extended circles
– you won’t see any of their new posts in the Stream
– they won’t see anything you share with your circles
– and they can’t comment on your posts
Gouri Shankar is Tech Geek and Java, PHP and WordPress developer from India.